Friday 22 August 2014

Service review: Grolier Selling Tactics, Beware!!!

I have to share this because I wouldn't want anyone to fall into Grolier Malaysia's trap. The entire experience with Grolier Malaysia is just so bad until I have to let everyone knows what I have gone through with Grolier Malaysia.

I was in a baby fair when I came across a booth that is selling children educational books and that was Grolier. The grolier seller is really smart as she asked me a lot of questions and get to know that I'm a new mom who have not done any survey about child education and development. And so she lure me into buying 5 different grolier materials such as grolier teach my baby, grolier talking english, grolier I wonder why, grolier logico primo and grolier disney english. She said many moms starts to educate their child at a really young age like my baby 5 months old.

And after I received the grolier books. I noticed that the quality of the grolier teach my baby material is so bad. The image in the flashcards and the learning cube is not high-res and it makes the image looks blur. The edge of the mirror on the learning cube is sharp and definitely is dangerous to a baby or a toddler to play with! With the price I paid, I expect a much much better quality! I made an exchange but it was worst than the one I returned as the books looks old as if someone have used it before and the sewing on finger puppet was so bad as there is a hole.

You must be wondering why I didn't check properly before I made a purchase? When I try to recall back the grolier's selling tactics, the grolier sellers were smart or in another way, cunning. The way they presented the grolier materials to me were so fast and that was how she kept me distracted with the quality and stay on her agenda. she didn't show me the full items of the products in the package and she kept the items back right after the demonstration. Then she starting to quote me the price of the grolier package of 5 items. The grolier seller didn't inform me how much does each material cost. She said it will be much cheaper if I buy it as a package. She showed me the receipts of other clients's purchases to further convinced me. I spent a total of 3k for the whole grolier package. She throws in other 5 FOC stuff which she didn't show me all of the items either.

Why am I feeling so pissed off? Because first of all, I felt that she shouldn't have sell me products which I can only use it 2 or 3 years later! And she gave me false information that I can use it even for my 5 months old baby! I probably should blame it on my own stupidity believing her but I do think the grolier seller could be more genuine to me and explain that it will be more appropriate for me to get the items when my baby is old enough to understand.

I asked for a refund by sending an email to grolier malaysia. No response the day after. And then I make a call and the grolier person said has to refer to management about the refund and will get back to me within a week but she didn't call me back either. And then I received a reply from grolier asia that they will investigate the issue and then again no reply at all even I have sent in 3 emails to follow up. I then called back to asked to speak to the person in charge and it was the sales manager. I must say that Grolier has a bunch of really good sellers. As he make it as if my fault because at the end it was my own decision to make the purchase. He did not allow me to talk and he talks louder and louder. He then argued with me after I reflected his offer on exchange which I don’t want to because If you visited their website, they do not have much materials which I have bought most of it. He interrupted me when I was talking. He basically didn't care about after sales service. All he cares is he already gotten this sales (i have spent 3k) and so what if I didn't return? I have never came across such nasty sales person before and if it wasn't him, I would purchase more products in the future. He said I can make complaint if I like and when I asked for the complaint department, he said there wasn't any! He has definitely ruin the company's reputation. Anyway, I heard they are selling all these books in a direct selling mode. I have search in the website and there isn't anyone or department that I can make a complaint. If Grolier asia couldn't be bothered, I guess the entire company is having the same attitude.

So this is not about the amount I spent. Is about the service and experience that grolier malaysia has given to me that make me feel that is not worth to spend the money with Grolier. They just want your money now, after that they just don't care. In this review, I did not mentioned anything about the effectiveness of the grolier products as I have not use it yet and I have no stand to comment but the service that they have given will definitely not worth spending with Grolier.

Dear mommies out there, just be careful when you want to explore grolier books. Again is not about the products, is about the people being not genuine when selling the products to you. Beware of Grolier's selling tactics. Buy the things that you think you can use it now and don't let them lure you into buying so much and ended up like me. Now that I have become wiser after this incident and done some survey out there, I personally think that grolier education materials is way too expensive. There are definitely more alternatives out there. After all, you wouldn't want to spend your money knowing that these people will not give you a good after sales service! I will not recommend Grolier to any of my friends or relatives even though the seller is going to give me MYR100 for each recommendation!

57 comments:

  1. Thank you very much madam for your informative articles.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mr. Patel
      The above article was published in 2014 moreover every coin has two sides so its always better to trust your own instincts rather than going by other's opinions.

      Delete
    2. Mr. Patel
      The above article was published in 2014 moreover every coin has two sides so its always better to trust your own instincts rather than going by other's opinions.

      Delete
  2. As I am an Educational Consultant at Grolier India...I would like to clear your some points
    1) Yes your baby is very much ready to learn, We are providing this concept not for the baby but for their parents..because once u will become habitual of using Grolier Tools at home ...then your child will copy you. So don't think that this is for child, you are primary user abd child is secondary user initially ...later on your child will be primary and u will be secondary user.

    2) We provide too many tools altogether because then only u can create an Grolier Library at home ...though which your child will get a better Learning Environment...

    3) As per in your case, I will say, there are dishonest person in each industry, BUT FOR ONE YOU CANNOT BLAME WHOLE...

    So As a Consultant at Grolier International , India.
    I will assure any such kind of situation will not arise in Grolier India as we are connecting parents to WHATSAPP PARENTING GROUPS where they can share there any kind of query regarding UTILITY AND QUALITY..
    For further enquiry contact me
    ABHISHEK SINGH - 9599017644

    ReplyDelete
  3. As I am an Educational Consultant at Grolier India...I would like to clear your some points
    1) Yes your baby is very much ready to learn, We are providing this concept not for the baby but for their parents..because once u will become habitual of using Grolier Tools at home ...then your child will copy you. So don't think that this is for child, you are primary user abd child is secondary user initially ...later on your child will be primary and u will be secondary user.

    2) We provide too many tools altogether because then only u can create an Grolier Library at home ...though which your child will get a better Learning Environment...

    3) As per in your case, I will say, there are dishonest person in each industry, BUT FOR ONE YOU CANNOT BLAME WHOLE...

    So As a Consultant at Grolier International , India.
    I will assure any such kind of situation will not arise in Grolier India as we are connecting parents to WHATSAPP PARENTING GROUPS where they can share there any kind of query regarding UTILITY AND QUALITY..
    For further enquiry contact me
    ABHISHEK SINGH - 9599017644

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi
    I am one of the Grolier user, I bought the products from the Delhi Book Fair 2016. I am highly satisfied with the demonstration and the products as I have noticed tremendous improvement in my 9 years old daughter. I was facing some issues like lack of concentration, listening skills, short attention span, disinterest in studies, too much of involvement in gadgets. Its been 3 months since she has been playing logico, three cards per day and i am observing tremendous improvement in her in all the above mentioned areas.

    So as per my opinion Grolier is truely a link between home and school.Its products are actually making learning fun as well as reducing the pressure at school also.
    I believe Grolier is actually helping the parents in developing the basic skills that will support the holistic development of their child.

    Thanks

    ReplyDelete
  5. Recently I went to an exhibition. Had demo on Grolier Products - fun thinkers, Logico Piccolo , Logico Primo, grolier talking english, disney words words and words.
    but for four items : fun thinkers, Logico Piccolo , grolier talking english, disney words words and words - they have quoted us 39000.00 If its down cash.
    Some new year offer - so its 34000.00 like that they were telling.
    I want to know what kind of compliments are given. what is the package that you received and the quantity of books received.
    does anybody recently booked this in bangalore or chennai ?
    please give your inputs.
    If so I need to enquire about that.
    Does it differ with respect to representatives or common for company. please clarify me regarding this.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Susan,
      In your package the main Learning Tools are
      Talking English-20 vol
      Disney words words -4 vol
      Logico primo - 20 vol
      Fun Thinkers- 10 vol
      Total -54 vol ,
      U will get some complementary gift with this which varies according to different places and day.

      2) 80-90℅ remain common few modules differ according to the age and ability of the child. As well as the package or investment.

      3) We are providing packages from 25k to 150 k. So no. Of modules differ accordingly.

      Delete
  6. Hi Suban, I also got to know about this in an exhibition. Here they ve quoted down payment of 39000 for Fun Thinkers, primo, talking English, Disney words. In addition to that, help me learn package s given free but piccolo is not included

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am from grolier international any quarries pls contact us feel free

      Regards
      Mukesh Kumar
      9810484030
      monubaba.mukesh@gmail.com

      Delete
  7. Hi All

    Yesterday i checked one of Grolier consultant that guy told me 55 k for down payment .. I think this company has no policy , how can such difference in Price...

    Regards
    Manish Bansal

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Mr. Bansal,
      I am consultant at Grolier International. We are providing different packages from 25k to 150k for 0-15 yrs children's.... What u are getting in 55k same package u will not get in 40k ...Package is formed according to the age and ability of the child by consultants... So there is policy of the company...But we don't need to disclose it to everyone..For those who are asking , we are always ready to let him know about policies...I hope u will understand

      Regards,
      Abhishek Singh
      Mobile- 9599017644

      Delete
    2. Hello Mr Bansal
      I am consultant who meet you Shipra mall Ghaziabad. Am show you product according to your child age 2 year and 6 Year. Am recommending Grolier product

      Disney words -. 4 vol
      Talking English -. 20 vol
      I wonder why -. 12 vol
      Logico primo -. 20 vol
      Logico piccolo -. 20 vol

      Total = 76 vol

      It's one time investment Rs 52160 you suscribe 5 month 12 month and 24 month also. 24 month investment Rs 63005. If am talking about pricing policy of company it's price is universal not only india. You buy this product Indonesia Malaysia Australia Singapore Thailand and what's ever country price is remain same. Mr bansal you not suscribe this models but I still provide to you service about positive parenting early child development by what's parenting group. If you any concerns about pricing policy you give to me one more change to explain pricing policy.

      Delete
  8. Hi Abhishek,

    What is the price for Fun thinkers only?

    Thanks,
    Hetal

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Hetal,

    Fun thinkers alone costs Rs.9000/-.

    - Gokul G from Grolier India, Chennai.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Hetal,

    Fun thinkers alone costs Rs.9000/-.

    - Gokul G from Grolier India, Chennai.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Team,

    How much for Talking English (Volume 20) alone?

    Thanks,
    Neelesh

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Talking English 20vol cost RS 19185



      Regards
      Name Amit Yadav
      Mob- 9990987167

      Delete
  12. What is the price of logical promo and piccolo only

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Logico primo 20 vol ( 320 card)
      Logico piccolo 20 vol( 320 card)
      Total 40 vol


      One time investment Rs 19185
      24 month investment Rs 23190

      Delete
  13. which one would be the best product package in Grolier for age around 3.5 yrs...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mr chinna ji for your 3.5 yrs child company provide basic standard package, language, knowledge, intellectual Delevelopment, Creativity delevelopment.

      Delete
  14. Why dont Grolier consultants have their email id as grolier.com ? How to check that consultants are genuine?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We have corporate mail I'd of your Division Manager. For Consultants company provide there I'd card.

      Delete
    2. mshihabudheen@grolier.co.in

      Delete
  15. Hi am Lukman Ali educational consultant in Grolier international. Any query for Grolier product and demo . Kindly contact me on this number 7011974457

    ReplyDelete
  16. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  17. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Hi this is Mukesh Kumar. I am the educational consultant at Grolier international. Any queries and for demo please contact us.

    Best Regards
    Mukesh Kumar
    9810484030...

    ReplyDelete
  19. Well i dno anythng abt d grolier products n neither m intrested to knw... Bt i definately agree wid d blogger dat dese sales person or d grolier educational consulatant woteva dey r,, dey, definitly, r cunning... I accidntly met a person who claimed to b a grolier educational consultant, who,at d first place, lied to me abt his identity(wot an "educational" consultant!!!) N den even aftr knwing dt m juz a studnt n isnt married yt, he tried to manipulate me wid d prodcts...
    They r juz concerned wid d money making... N i think an educated parent can handle deir kids wisely.. Aren't we brought up smartly by r patents widot dz "grolier thing"??

    ReplyDelete
  20. Well i dno anythng abt d grolier products n neither m intrested to knw... Bt i definately agree wid d blogger dat dese sales person or d grolier educational consulatant woteva dey r,, dey, definitly, r cunning... I accidntly met a person who claimed to b a grolier educational consultant, who,at d first place, lied to me abt his identity(wot an "educational" consultant!!!) N den even aftr knwing dt m juz a studnt n isnt married yt, he tried to manipulate me wid d prodcts...
    They r juz concerned wid d money making... N i think an educated parent can handle deir kids wisely.. Aren't we brought up smartly by r patents widot dz "grolier thing"??

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Who r u u know all Grolier consultant?

      Delete
    2. Hello Gorgeous G.
      My name is Charles, I sold Grolier's Encyclopedias in New York and New Jersey, USA back around 1965. I earned a fair amount of money in a short time, then I went back to College.
      I believe the experience you had was typical of fast talking slick salesmen or women. You should NEVER buy from a unknown vendor or peddler. If it is a really good product at a fair price, at least take a few days to think it over. If they tell you it is "special one one time offer or something similar, politely say NO firmly. You were taken for a ride, as we well know. The materials they were selling are available widely at much lover cost.

      Here is my main point. You are a young lady with new kids, and you just learned a valuable lesson. Whatever the price was, it was cheap for the education that you got. Don't be a sucker again. If a strange comes to your door or lures you into a shop with "special deal" run for the hills.
      You will not ever get a refund from this outfit. Take a deep breath, be thankful you only lost money, and move on. You got a valuable education at a bargain price!!! Good luck to you and your lovely babies.
      Charles Lane 8355 Norris Canyon Rd. Castro Valley, CA CAlifornia

      Delete
  21. Hi dear all , i have bought grolier products long time back before my child was born to upgrade our knowledge as parents.

    The kind of content material they are provided ; it is awesome and really beneficial for Early stage. personally i felt in our country india parents don't have much exposure of early stage of children. so when they look at the price of grolier products , they wanted to ridd-off from the grolier stall. i have heard parents always are saying we will think. dear parents your thinking will not take your children anywhere.
    as parents you need to open the brain to grab the good opportunity.
    i would love to recommend this product to everyone . PRICE IS NOTHING IN FRONT OF CONTENT AND UTILITY FOR LONGER PERIODS. feel free go ahead with positive mind set to buy and invest in your child's future.
    one of grolier user.

    ReplyDelete
  22. i feel, instead of selling the grolier products to individual parents, its opined to sell it to educational institutions. because, for an individuals, its an expensive affairs.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Grolier is a in-home learning solutions.

      mshihabudheen@grolier.co.in

      Delete
  23. We did get a demonstration of the product in an exhibition in Pune.

    But it was not sufficient. I would like to check this product again.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. my cell 9881155668 [ 7pm onwards]

      Delete
    2. Bijendra Singh from pune/mumbai
      only

      8130134496
      9897767819

      Delete
    3. Call me any time
      If you want to take another demo with experts
      Call me


      8130134496

      Delete
  24. What is the price of I wonder why series - 24 books?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Out of stock.

      Now "interactive I wonder why"

      Vol====12volume

      Delete
    2. It's out of stock
      Now new I wonder why interactive series 12 vol

      Delete
    3. 8130134496 calk and message on what's app

      Delete
  25. hi, is it possible to return the items that i uave purchased?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You please talk to the respective Consultant, he will do the needful full.
      Regards
      Dhamodharan.
      9790960993

      Delete
  26. Sir what are your marketing strategies ?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You can call me for more information
      Bijendra Singh
      Educational consultant
      8130134496
      9897767819

      Delete
  27. This is Bijendra Singh from grolier international.
    If anyone want to subscribe a new products


    Regards
    Bijendra Singh
    Educational consultant
    8130134496
    9897767819

    ReplyDelete
  28. please tell me the price of disney words, talking english ,2 dictionary,

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Disney words 04 vol
      Talking English 20 vol
      Dictionary 02 vol
      28480/-( negotiable)
      Call me on my no or whatsapp me
      8130134496
      9897767819

      Delete
  29. is there any return policy of the grolier products...

    ReplyDelete
  30. I want to return the Grolier products... Plz help me

    ReplyDelete
  31. Disney words
    Talking English
    Logico Primo
    Fun Thinker

    What is the cost of these products

    ReplyDelete
  32. Where can i download the book data of the talking pen of talking english, the product is good and i loved it for my kids to learn but since i charged the pen iny laptop it malfunctioned it always tell there is no book data, pls help me so that my kids can use it, ive already contact the one who sold us but untill now the data that was promised to be sent to my email never arrived, im greatful for your help thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  33. I think she is right. I also received a call from grolier sales executive. When I told him that I'm not interested in products. He became so rude. His voice was so loud. He started to pressurize me by saying some harsh words. But I straight forward told him that u r trying to pressurize me. Then he was so rude.

    ReplyDelete